Do you play sports? If so, you have probably sprained your ankle, twisted your knee or pulled a muscle. Most injuries are caused by overuse or misuse, such as runner’s knee or tennis elbow. Other injuries usually transpire from traumatic events which results in torn ligaments, ripped tendons or broken bones.
According to WebMD.com, the American College of Sports Medicine in Austin, TX talked about sprains, strains, tears and other types of sports injuries. They discussed the specific injuries, how to avoid them and, more importantly, how to fix them.
- The most popular type of sports injuries are caused by trauma or overuse.
- Traumatic injuries: most common is knee ligament injuries and fractures, rotator cuff injuries, unstable shoulder, tendinitis, biceps, tendon, muscle and/or nerve
- Traumatic injuries are unpredictable and mostly due to bad luck and aren’t really avoidable
- Overuse injuries are due to stress on the tissues. Treat these by warming up before a workout, staying hydrated, increasing intensity gradually and stretched afterward
- For traumatic injuries: to treat you must seek a doctor
Having a hard time getting over your sports-related injury? Find a physical therapist near your home, who can help.
Previous post: A New Solution For People Who Suffer From Dry Eyes
Next post: Pros and Cons of Using Latisse